Through one unified interface, NetIS™ admin tools allows the management of content, the definition of digital rights and authentication scenarios, the management of customers and products, tracking customer’s transactions, as well as a wide range of marketing, statistical, and systems reports. The system interface is web-enabled and responsive.
The system comprises the following seven modules:
In this module, the system lets the admin define DRM profiles, products (combination of content and rights), product types, content owners, settlements, customers, customer type, and transactions. The information can be filtered according to several fields that change based on context. Customers can be filtered according to specific fields, such as customer type or ID, and can be sent a customized email directly from the system. The admin can create an email template, pick an existing one from a list, or choose an existing file (HTML or text) as the email body.
- DRM profile: This sub-module lets the admin define DRM profiles and their specific rights (view, preview, print, save, select / copy / paste).
- Products: This sub-module defines the content type, description, the assigned content, the price, and its validity duration.
- Product types: This sub-module lists the different content types and their descriptions (ebooks, physical books, images, video, or audio) that are ready for sale.
- Content owners: This sub-module lists different types of content owners (authors, publishers) and their personal information.
- Settlements: This sub-module lists the payment status of royalties to 3rd parties such as the publisher, the author or other contributors, while including the purchase amount, the amount due, and the amount paid. The status of payment can be unpaid, paid, paid partial, or complete.
- Customers: This sub-module includes the customer’s contact information, login details, registration date, the number of permitted concurrent users, purchased products, and IP address (if applicable).
- Customer type: This sub-module contains the customer type (e.g. private, universities, institutional, guests, or trial). The list can be filtered, thus perform marketing activities for specific types of customers.
- Groups: This sub-module allows customers to be members of a group and benefit from additional rights depending on the group profile.
- Transaction: This sub-module keeps track of all the transactions in the system, including the order number, the content type (printed, ebook, etc.), price, quantity, and the amount paid. The information can be filtered according to the status (accepted, in progress, shipped, closed or canceled).
In this module, the system enables the administrator with the capability to define and customize specific areas in the application UI.
In this module, the system allows the administrator to manage diverse types of content: the metadata, the description, upload and classification, the creation of previews, the upload of thumbnails, and the assignment of content to collections. Content can be uploaded file by file or via batch processing. Furthermore, content can be converted automatically to different formats (e.g. from word to PDF or from AVI to MP4). Content, in this case, refers to:
- Content unit: A container for every asset and its related metadata.
- Collections: This module creates and maintains the logical structure and classification of the content. One content item can be linked to several categories or collections.
- Bundle: A bundle is a group of entities designed to easily create a product on multiple entities such as one or more collections and content units.
In this module the system maintains the information about the identity of diverse content collaborators (editor, author, translator, illustrator, etc.)
In this module the system maintains data about the identity of the different publishers (if more than one).
6. System Administration
This module enables the administration of the diverse aspects of the system, including the system users (definition of administration security levels, rights, and roles), system configuration, system settings, language locale, and network settings. The module authorizes the logging of audit information for every event that has transpired in the system. The audit log can be exported for external usage. The system also provides a built-in alerting tool, which can send messages to a specified list of administrators whenever a predetermined event occurs.
This module provides a built-in reporting system that provides up-to-date information, including customer details, purchases, usage, product expiration, registrations, actions, sales by period (years, months), customers by geographical region, and top sales products. The reports’ information can be displayed as a list or in graphic charts. The reports can be filtered and exported to Excel for external usage. Additional reports can be generated upon request.